We are incredibly excited to be offering, with our strategic partner, the Complexability Team and Cognitive Edge, a Practitioner Foundations 3-day course where we introduce tools and methods for working in complexity.
The Cynefin™ Practitioner Foundations Plus (2+1) concept consists of a two-day Foundations course followed by a one-day extension course. You can choose to participate in the Foundations only, the extension day only, or both courses.
The Practitioner Foundations 2 day course.
Brisbane, March 4 & 5, 2020:
- The principles of complexity and complexity thinking
- Exploration of Cynefin™ framework in-depth, applications in different settings and contexts, and for different issues and challenges
- Foundational Cognitive Edge facilitation methods, for strategic and operational applications.
Hands-on experience in thinking through Cynefin™ applications – in areas such as
- Organisational change and transformation
- Improving decisionmaking, and
- Creating the conditions for leadership effectiveness, engagement, collaboration and innovation.
Cynefin™ in Action 1-day course.
Brisbane, March 6, 2020
How to Boost Innovation and Collaboration What if… the evidence-based innovation was created – in your own context, using the principles of complexity science, not traditional project management?
This one day workshop is for those with a working knowledge of the framework. It is designed to extend skills and capabilities in applying the Cynefin™ complexity framework and associated methods in areas such as:
- Partnering and collaboration – across silos, within and between organisations, with communities and multiple stakeholders,
- Maximising engagement and maintaining momentum,
- Embracing a diversity of perspectives,
- Undertaking innovation in context,
- Designing, monitoring and measuring the impact of change strategies.
- The workshop provides experiential learning opportunities with a highly experienced and diverse team of facilitators and participants
The Complexability team
Viv Read, Senior Complexability Consultant and Authorised Cynefin™ Trainer, has over 40 years experience in organisational development, workplace change and social research; and has been involved in some of Australia’s most innovative workplace and culture change initiatives. She integrated the Cynefin™ framework and associated methods into her consulting practice following her training in 2000. She has been involved in over 25 narrative (SenseMaker®) projects and has applied the methods in the design and sensemaking processes for these projects.
Viv has extensively used the complex facilitation principles and methods in areas of workplace and culture change, staff, stakeholder and consumer engagement, capacity building for partnering and community development, strategic planning, leadership development, and monitoring and evaluation. She is highly skilled in the design and facilitation of engagement and sensemaking processes and has co-facilitated over 40 Cognitive Edge training and capacity building courses in Australia, NZ and SE Asia.
Laurel Sutton is an independent consultant and senior member of the Complexability network who takes a people-focused approach to working with organisations. She believes that the people in the system are in the best place to understand and develop solutions to complex problems. Laurel has had considerable experience in working with Cognitive Edge methodology over the last ten years. She has employed the methods in working with communities to identify and understand their issues, collaboration and innovation in government, and evaluation of international programs.
Julie Cunningham. With a natural curiosity, Julie uses ‘new sciences’ research and thinking with leaders, executives and managers. She has a strong background in learning and organisational development and is an experienced mentor, coach and facilitator. She has developed and delivered a large range of individual and group coaching, mentoring and training interventions to build skill, knowledge and team partnering for executive, administrative and professional groups (of up to 400 people), as well as facilitating planning and problem solving forums and workshops. Her ability to quickly comprehend and analyse a wide variety of new information has enabled her to become a broker of knowledge, information and practical solutions.
We look forward to seeing you there!